- Anti-Ragging Cell
Ragging: Crime & Punishment
In case of ragging contact
- Anti-Ragging Committee.
Ragging is neither a means of familiarization, nor an introduction with freshers, but a form of psychopathic behavior. Ragging is a violation of human rights. Ragging is a heinous crime, heavily punishable under law. Ragging may spoil your career forever. All measures for prevention of ragging in campus are being taken as per the Anti Ragging Supreme Court verdict 2007
What is Ragging ?
- Any disorderly conduct whether by words or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing or handling with rudeness a fresher or a junior student or an admission aspirant student.
- Indulging in rowdy or indiscipline activity which causes or likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in fresher or junior student.
- Asking a junior or fresher student to do any act or perform something which a student will not do in an ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
- Asking a junior or fresher student to copy and/or prepare notes, lend money or any act that may adversely affect the psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
- Any act of corporal contact, touching, pushing, thrashing, scratching, beating or any physical harm to fresher or junior student.
Who is Culprit ?
Any student or group of students who tries to harm or intent to harm directly or indirectly a fresher or junior student as pointed out above is an offender and liable to be punished fittingly.
Punishment for Ragging
- Immediate suspension from the college.
- Cancellation of admission.